Observations: Charlotte Bobcats 90, Cleveland Cavaliers 84
11/01/2013 9:52 PM
11/01/2013 10:20 PM
• Nice front-row seat for Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera for the opener. Rivera and Clifford are two of the nice guys in coaching.
• I was surprised the referees didn’t at least consider giving a flagrant to Cleveland’s C.J. Miles for the hard foul he applied to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Kidd-Gilchrist drove hard to the rim all first half and that looked like a statement foul.
• There were enough empty seats at Time Warner Cable Arena that for a minute I thought I was at a NASCAR race.
• I wonder if Josh McRoberts got word of all the praise he drew from owner Michael Jordan in the Observer interview. A Tar Heel praising a Blue Devil. And they say world peace is unachievable.
• I really like the Cavaliers’ acquisition of Jarrett Jack. Cleveland is right on the cusp of playoff contention and Jack was just the sort of veteran they needed.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.