Observations: Charlotte Bobcats 90, Cleveland Cavaliers 84
11/01/2013 9:52 PM
11/01/2013 10:20 PM
• Nice front-row seat for Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera for the opener. Rivera and Clifford are two of the nice guys in coaching.
• I was surprised the referees didn’t at least consider giving a flagrant to Cleveland’s C.J. Miles for the hard foul he applied to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Kidd-Gilchrist drove hard to the rim all first half and that looked like a statement foul.
• There were enough empty seats at Time Warner Cable Arena that for a minute I thought I was at a NASCAR race.
• I wonder if Josh McRoberts got word of all the praise he drew from owner Michael Jordan in the Observer interview. A Tar Heel praising a Blue Devil. And they say world peace is unachievable.
• I really like the Cavaliers’ acquisition of Jarrett Jack. Cleveland is right on the cusp of playoff contention and Jack was just the sort of veteran they needed.