Monday: Boston Celtics at Charlotte Bobcats
11/25/2013 1:48 AM
11/25/2013 1:59 AM
Bobcats vs. Celtics
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||16.0||4.0||G, J. Crawford||12.1||2.9|
|G, G. Henderson||13.7||4.8||G, A. Bradley||13.0||3.9|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||10.5||5.4||F, J. Green||15.2||4.1|
|F, J. McRoberts||9.1||5.0||F, B. Bass||11.1||4.0|
|C, A. Jefferson||13.5||8.0||C, J. Sullinger||12.7||6.8|
Matchup to Watch
Jeff Green vs. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: Kidd-Gilchrist is a strong natural defender. Green is a gifted versatile scorer. These two definitely challenge each other.
Observations• Based on the Brooklyn Nets’ early record and veteran Kevin Garnett’s apparent physical decline, the Celtics were probably wise to get what they could for Garnett and Paul Pierce.
• The Bobcats thumped the Bucks Saturday by 24 in Milwaukee. Coach Steve Clifford says his team plays better on the road than at home, and that has to change.
• Former Bobcats star Gerald Wallace is now with the Celtics, his fourth team in as many seasons. Wallace acknowledges his body no longer allows him to play starter’s minutes on a regular basis.
• This is the first of three straight home games. The Bobcats also host the Pacers Wednesday and the Bucks Friday.
Tap-ins• The Celtics lost rookie center Kelly Olynyk over the weekend to an ankle sprain. The injury could keep him out a couple of weeks.
• The Bobcats are winning games on defense and points in the paint; quite a difference from the past two seasons.
• Center Bismack Biyombo played five minutes in Milwaukee after not playing Friday against the Phoenix Suns.
Did you know?
Of the nine players under NBA contract who the Bobcats chose in the 2004 expansion draft, two are still in the league: Wallace and Milwaukee’s Zaza Pachulia.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.