Bobcats vs. Pacers
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
Never miss a local story.
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||16.5||4.1||G, G. Hill||12.1||2.9|
|G, G. Henderson||14.3||4.8||G, L. Stephenson||13.4||5.9|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.8||5.3||F, P. George||24.2||6.2|
|F, J. McRoberts||9.0||3.8||F, D. West||12.2||7.5|
|C, A. Jefferson||14.5||7.0||C, R. Hibbert||12.2||9.2|
Matchup to Watch
Paul George vs. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist/Jeff Taylor: It’s not a stretch to say George should be in the NBA MVP discussion. The Bobcats’ strength defensively is a variety of wings who are big and quick. They’ll need them all in this matchup.
• San Antonio and Oklahoma City generally get the props as best front offices in the NBA. Seems Indiana deserves more attention than it has received in that regard.
• The Pacers’ 9-0 start set a team record. They’re the best defense in the NBA, both in points allowed and opponent field-goal percentage. Also first in blocks.
• Remember when the Bobcats traded for an extra first-round pick, hoping to draft now-Pacers centerRoy Hibbert
? They ended up instead withAlexis Ajinca
. Not such great luck.
• The Bobcats better get to the foul line a ton tonight, because based on the way the Pacers guard, they won’t have many other ways to score.
• Ask Bobcats coachSteve Clifford
about defense and pretty quickly the term “rim protector” comes up. Hibbert is becoming the NBA’s premier rim-protector.
• With Chicago’sDerrick Rose
out for the season, the Pacers should cruise to the Central Division title. The real goal is best record in the East over Miami.
• This is the middle game of a 3-game homestand. Strangely enough, the Bobcats don’t play with the same energy at home that they have on the road.
Did you know?
It had been a decade since an NBA team started 9-0. The Dallas Mavericks were the last in the 2002-03 season. Rick Bonnell