Charlotte Bobcats Gameday
11/26/2013 7:15 PM
11/26/2013 7:42 PM
Bobcats vs. Pacers
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||16.5||4.1||G, G. Hill||12.1||2.9|
|G, G. Henderson||14.3||4.8||G, L. Stephenson||13.4||5.9|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.8||5.3||F, P. George||24.2||6.2|
|F, J. McRoberts||9.0||3.8||F, D. West||12.2||7.5|
|C, A. Jefferson||14.5||7.0||C, R. Hibbert||12.2||9.2|
Matchup to Watch
Paul George vs. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist/Jeff Taylor: It’s not a stretch to say George should be in the NBA MVP discussion. The Bobcats’ strength defensively is a variety of wings who are big and quick. They’ll need them all in this matchup.
Observations• San Antonio and Oklahoma City generally get the props as best front offices in the NBA. Seems Indiana deserves more attention than it has received in that regard.
• The Pacers’ 9-0 start set a team record. They’re the best defense in the NBA, both in points allowed and opponent field-goal percentage. Also first in blocks.
• Remember when the Bobcats traded for an extra first-round pick, hoping to draft now-Pacers center Roy Hibbert? They ended up instead with Alexis Ajinca. Not such great luck.
• The Bobcats better get to the foul line a ton tonight, because based on the way the Pacers guard, they won’t have many other ways to score.
Tap-ins• Ask Bobcats coach Steve Clifford about defense and pretty quickly the term “rim protector” comes up. Hibbert is becoming the NBA’s premier rim-protector.
• With Chicago’s Derrick Rose out for the season, the Pacers should cruise to the Central Division title. The real goal is best record in the East over Miami.
• This is the middle game of a 3-game homestand. Strangely enough, the Bobcats don’t play with the same energy at home that they have on the road.
Did you know?
It had been a decade since an NBA team started 9-0. The Dallas Mavericks were the last in the 2002-03 season. Rick Bonnell