Bobcats vs. Heat
6 p.m., American Airlines Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
Never miss a local story.
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||16.4||4.2||G, M. Chalmers||9.3||2.7|
|G, G. Henderson||14.1||4.8||G, D. Wade||18.3||4.6|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.5||5.4||F, L. James||26.1||5.9|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.7||5.3||F, S. Battier||4.8||2.1|
|C, A. Jefferson||14.7||7.3||C, C. Bosh||14.8||5.6|
Matchup to Watch
LeBron James vs. pretty much anyone the Bobcats can throw at him: It looks like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (plantar fasciitis) will play. Obviously the Bobcats need all their options versus the NBA’s most versatile player.
• The Heat pretty much mows down all Southeast Division opponents. They are 99-48 (.674) vs. Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte and Washington since the NBA realligned to the current format at the Bobcats’ outset in 2004.
• The Heat has moved former Duke starShane Battier
into the starting lineup at power forward. This is expected to be Battier’s last NBA season. This is basically a balance between Baittier’s long-range shooting andUdonis Haslem’s
• Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers and Haslem all missed the previous meeting this season in Charlotte, and the Heat still won by 16.
• The Bobcats matched a season-high with eight made threes in the previous game with the Heat this season.
was back at practice Saturday after missing the victory over the Bucks.
• Well as the Bobcats are playing this season defensively, they’re still last in the NBA in points per game (88.6) and field-goal percentage (40.7%).
• Miami’s only pronounced weakness is rebounding. They’re last in the NBA in offensive rebounds (and overall rebounds per game).
Did you know?
The Bobcats have lost 13 straight games to the Heat. The Bobcats’ all-time longest losing streak to an individual opponent is 16 vs. the Dallas Mavericks (that streak ended last season).