Charlotte Bobcats Gameday
12/02/2013 8:10 PM
12/02/2013 8:18 PM
Bobcats at Mavericks
8:30, American Airlines Center
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||16.0||4.2||G, J. Calderon||11.1||2.0|
|G, G. Henderson||14.4||4.8||G, M. Ellis||21.7||3.1|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.5||5.3||F, S. Marion||12.2||7.0|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.3||5.2||F, D. Nowitzki||20.5||6.1|
|C, A. Jefferson||15.8||7.9||C, S. Dalembert||7.7||6.9|
Matchup to Watch
Dirk Nowitzki vs. Josh McRoberts: Nowitzki is already a Hall of Famer who might spend his entire career with the Mavericks. McRoberts has a big challenge here, chasing around a 7-footer who is also one of the game’s best pull-up jump-shooters.
Observations• The Mavericks had a load of free-agent money last summer, but didn’t get a big catch, like Dwight Howard. So they gathered up complementary players like Monte Ellis and Jose Calderon.
• The Mavs are a surprising 10-7, but that record doesn’t have the same weight in the West it would in the struggling East.
• Mavs big man Brandan Wright was technically a Bobcats draft pick. He was chosen eighth overall in 2007 and immediately shipped to Golden State in the Jason Richardson deal.
• The Bobcats’ defense – among the best in the NBA – will be tested by a Mavs offense that is fifth in scoring, seventh in field-goal percentage and first in free-throw percentage.
Tap-ins• Mavs point guard Calderon missed practice Monday with an ankle bruise.
• The Bobcats are already 0-2 in visits to Southwestern Division cities, having lost in Houston and New Orleans
• The Mavs give up the second-most points in the NBA at 103.
Did you know?
Before last season’s 101-97 victory in Charlotte, the Bobcats were 0-forever against the Mavs, having lost the first 16 meetings.