Charlotte Bobcats at Sacramento Kings: Saturday Gameday
01/03/2014 7:51 PM
01/04/2014 7:50 PM
Bobcats at Kings
10 p.m., Sleep Train Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||18.1||4.4||G, I. Thomas||19.3||2.7|
|G, G. Henderson||15.0||4.4||G, B. McLemore||8.5||3.0|
|F, A. Tolliver||4.4||3.0||F, R. Gay||19.7||4.7|
|F, J. McRoberts||8,0||5.1||F, J. Thompson||7.2||5.5|
|C, A. Jefferson||17.0||10.1||C, D. Cousins||23.1||11.4|
Matchup to Watch
Al Jefferson vs. DeMarcus Cousins: The Bobcats won the first of two meetings with the Kings this season by sending double-teams at Cousins in the second half. Cousins had big numbers, but also six turnovers and the Kings shot 5-of-20 in the fourth quarter.
Observations• The Portland Trail Blazers made 21 3s in Thursday’s 30-point blowout of the Bobcats. That was a Bobcats record for most 3s allowed and two short of tying the most 3s in one game by one team.
• The Kings have played better since the trade for forward Rudy Gay, which creates spacing for Cousins to better operate in the post.
• When the Kings recently beat the Miami Heat in Sacramento, it broke the Heat’s 19-game regular-season winning streak over Western Conference teams.
• The Bobcats are on a five-game losing streak. Previous to this they had not lost more than three in a row this season.
Tap-ins• Veteran guard Ben Gordon was the only Bobcat not to play against the Blazers.
• Kemba Walker scored just six points – a third of his season average – on 2-of-10 shooting versus the Blazers.
• Chris Douglas-Roberts scored a team-high 20 points off the bench for the Bobcats Thursday.
Did you know?
The Bobcats have .500-plus all-time records against two teams: 10-8 versus the Kings and 12-6 versus the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.