Charlotte Bobcats Gameday
01/06/2014 5:55 PM
01/06/2014 5:57 PM
Bobcats vs. Wizards
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||18.4||4.3||G, J. Wall||19.7||4.2|
|G, G. Henderson||15.0||4.3||G, B. Beal||17.5||3.9|
|F, C. Douglas-Roberts||5.4||2.6||F, T. Ariza||14.4||5.6|
|F, J. McRoberts||7.9||5.6||F, T. Booker||6.9||7|
|C, A. Jefferson||17.4||10.1||C, M. Gortat||12.4||8.4|
Matchup to Watch
John Wall vs. Kemba Walker: Wall, who grew up in Raleigh, is playing like an All-Star. Beyond his 19.7 scoring average, he’s third in the NBA in assists at 8.8.
Observations• The Wizards dealt former Bobcat Emeka Okafor to the Phoenix Suns to acquire another big man, Marcin Gortat. Okafor is rehabbing a neck injury and the Wizards felt they needed immediate help.
• The Wizards are shooting 38 percent from 3-point range. Shooting guard Bradley Beal is making 45 percent from the arc.
• Bobcats coach Steve Clifford went with Chris Douglas-Roberts as the starter at small forward in Sacramento after he played well in the loss at Portland.
• Walker broke a string of 22 consecutive games scoring in double figures in the Portland game.
• Martell Webster has upgraded Washington’s bench considerably.• The Wizards aren’t getting much from first-round picks Otto Porter and Jan Vesely.
• The Wizards have been bringing Nene off the bench
Did you know?
The Bobcats have yet to win a game within the Southeast Division this season. They are 0-2 versus Miami, 0-2 versus Atlanta and 0-1 versus Orlando. This is the first of four games versus the Wizards.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.