• As expected, Miami Heat shooting guard Dwyane Wade did not play Saturday, in the second game of back-to-back nights. The Heat listed Wade’s status as “DND (Did Not Dress) – Rest.” Kind of like when the San Antonio Spurs listed Tim Duncan’s status as “old.”
• The Bobcats did a really funny timeout video, mocking Miami Heat “bandwagon fans.” Best part was video of Heat fans flocking out of American Airlines Arena when their team slipped behind in Game 6 of the Finals. (Those people weren’t allowed back in for the Heat’s comeback). Also, the still photos of Justin Bieber were a slick touch.
Never miss a local story.
• The Bobcats started selling new “Charlotte Hornets” gear in the team store Saturday. Since it was remember-the-Hornets night, it should be noted that end-of-quarter play the Heat ran for LeBron James looked an awful lot like Larry Johnson’s “Dallas” play.
• Bobcats coach Steve Clifford talked pre-game about how much better a facilitator point guard Kemba Walker has been lately. Big factor in all that – a relatively healthy and in-rhythm Al Jefferson on the receiving end of Walker’s passes.
• A reminder Monday’s Raptors game is an MLK Day matinee – 2 p.m. tipoff.