Charlotte Bobcats - San Antonio Spurs Observations
02/08/2014 10:09 PM
02/14/2015 6:47 PM
• Nice tip-of-the-cap by the Bobcats to Carl Scheer, the Hornets’ first general manager, during a timeout.
• The irony of Bobcats fans booing Boris Diaw is it falls on deaf ears. The thing that got Diaw sideways with coaches here was his indifference. He couldn’t care less whether you like him or not.
• For a guy who is reputed as a defensive liability, Bobcats center Al Jefferson sure messed up Spurs star Tim Duncan early. Duncan had four first-quarter turnovers. At least three of those involved Jefferson strips.
• The Bobcats are going to honor six-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson during Tuesday’s home game against the Dallas Mavericks.
• The Bobcats gave out Dell Curry bobbleheads Saturday as part of the Buzz City run-up to the Hornets name change. Stephen Curry had some fun with that on Twitter Friday night, saying while he appreciated “Pops” being honored, he didn’t recognize the face on that bobblehead. Funny stuff.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.