• I asked Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford after Friday’s game how he thought new point guard Luke Ridnour was doing. Clifford said he thought Ridnour was rusty from inactivity as a Milwaukee Buck. Presumably if that’s so, his play will pick up. For now, he’s struggling to create shots for teammates.
• It seems odd that this was the last road game this season against a Western Conference opponent. Hopefully that’s helpful to the Bobcats, as far as wearing travel the rest of the season.
Never miss a local story.
• Chris Douglas-Roberts has played well in these fill-in starts, certainly well enough that he should have earned steady minutes off the bench once Gerald Henderson is back from a calf strain. Henderson was well enough to put up some shots before Saturday’s game.
• Speaking of rehab, Jeff Taylor – out for the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon – is traveling with the team and has been cleared to do some shooting.
• Creative thinking by Josh McRoberts when he was trapped in the third quarter to launch the ball at the backboard, grab in his own “miss” and put it back for a layup.