• Shooting guard Gerald Henderson missed his fifth straight game with a right calf strain. Before the game coach Steve Clifford said he’s hopeful Henderson can practice Tuesday. Assuming that went well, Henderson could return Wednesday against the Wizards in Washington.
• The crowd was pretty sparse. The Bobcats don’t draw so well on week nights, particularly early week. They play will home games each of the next three Mondays.
Never miss a local story.
• I get Clifford’s point that Luke Ridnour deserves time to work off the rust of sitting with the Milwaukee Bucks. But I still wonder if/when Jannero Pargo starts playing meaningful minutes.
• Al Jefferson was called for a three-second violation during the first half Monday. As deliberate as his post moves can be, I don’t remember him getting one previously this season.
• For the Bobcats to have any realistic chance to rise to sixth in the Eastern Conference, I would think they need to do well the rest of the season against the Wizards. They have three meetings left.
• Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov took a seat eight minutes into this game, with Jefferson having scored nine points. I wonder if Mozgov had a dizzy spell.