• The biggest cheer from this Cleveland crowd might have been for a Charlotte Bobcats assistant coach. During a stoppage of play the Cavs showed Mark Price’s retired No. 25 jersey then flashed to Price on the Bobcats’ bench. The crowd went nuts for one of the franchise’s all-time best players and Price acknowledged the response with a quick wave.
• Bobcats rookie Cody Zeller stripped big brother Tyler Zeller at the rim in the first half. I’m thinking that will be brought up once or twice this summer.
Never miss a local story.
• Cavs coach Mike Brown said pre-game the thing he finds most impressive about the Bobcats is what consistent performances Steve Clifford gets from his players over all four quarters. Brown said he doesn’t typically get that from his team for more than 35 minutes a night.
• You know those fan guidelines the NBA has each home team recite before the start of each half? The Cavs have a cat on the scoreboard, seemingly mouthing the words. Pretty strange-looking.
• I don’t know what’s become of Luol Deng. The former Duke star started 1-of-6 from the field and didn’t seem a part of the Cavs’ offense in the first half.