• The Bobcats crowd gave Miami Heat superstar LeBron James the J.J. Redick treatment – booing him every time he touched the ball.
• The Bobcats did a video montage during a timeout with a “soul” theme. As in for Josh McRoberts, “the soul to defend our basket.” I’m thinking Heat coach Erik Spoelstra would be on the other side of that.
Never miss a local story.
• A little staging problem when kids came out to dance between the first and second quarters. They all just stared at each other nervously when they never got the right cue.
• That $20,000 fine from the NBA, for the hard foul on James, sure seemed to raise Josh McRoberts’ energy level. Looked like a guy with a point to prove.
• There was a play in the second quarter where Michael Kidd-Gilchrist did precisely the right thing guarding James in the post. Blew up the play, and then James found Chris Anderson underneath the rim. James’ instincts as a passer are special.
• Bobcats coach Steve Clifford talked constantly last week about how it was imperative the Bobcats play mistake-free. That Gerald Henderson turnover, leading to three James free throws, late in the first half, epitomized what worried Clifford.