Nets at Bobcats
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
Never miss a local story.
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.4||3.4||G, D. Williams||17.3||3.2|
|G, G. Henderson||13.1||3.7||G, J. Johnson||16.8||3.1|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.1||5.7||F, G. Wallace||8.5||5.1|
|F, TBD||F, R. Evans||3.4||9.3|
|C, B. Biyombo||4.4||7.2||C, B. Lopez||18.8||7.2|
Matchup to Watch
Deron Williams vs. Kemba Walker: Willams is a tough cover for Walker, because he’s so big and strong.
• The Bobcats tried to do a Ben Gordon-for-Kris Humphries deal. The Nets passed, but that would have been an expensive sub-for-expensive sub trade.
• Former Duke defensive stopper Billy King is getting his second act as an NBA executive. He ran Philly for a long time, now he’s assembling the Nets.
• Reggie Evans, pound-for-pound, might be the most physical player in the NBA.
• The Bobcats play three of the next four at home, but the opponents are no picnic: Nets, Thunder, Celtics.
• Byron Mullens sat out all but three minutes of the Portland game due to a knee injury.
Did you know?
Now-Net Gerald Wallace is arguably the most impactful player in Bobcats history. For the first time in nine seasons, he might fail to average double-figures scoring.