Bobcats at Celtics
7:30 p.m., TD Garden
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.2||3.4||G, A. Bradley||9.7||2.6|
|G, G. Henderson||13.8||3.5||G, C. Lee||7.7||2.4|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.0||5.6||F, P. Pierce||18.7||6.4|
|F, J. McRoberts||4.3||7.0||F, B. Bass||7.7||5.1|
|C, B. Biyombo||4.4||7.0||C, K. Garnett||14.8||7.6|
Matchup to Watch
• The Bobcats have been rough on the Celtics this season. First they broke Boston’s longest winning streak of the season (seven in February), then they beat the Celtics by 26 this week.
• Tuesday was the first time Celtics star Paul Pierce missed a game this season. That was coach Doc Rivers’ decision, and he said he had no second thoughts about choosing to rest Pierce in Charlotte.
• Gerald Henderson (a career-high 35 points) was particularly effective with his mid-range jumper against the Celtics on Tuesday.
• Celtics guard Avery Bradley on Henderson: “He had a great game. We won’t let it happen again.”
• The Celtics are 12-3 all-time against the Bobcats in Boston.
Did you know?
The Celtics’ loss in Charlotte actually wasn’t their worst of the season. The Clippers thumped them by 29 in Los Angeles. Rick Bonnell