• Big Pat, the Charlotte Bobcats’ normal public-address announcer, was ill Monday. The fill-in had a funny moment during the introductions when Emeka Okafor – first-ever Bobcats draft pick – was pronounced “E-meek-a.”
• One more PA story: The shot clock expired with five seconds left in the first quarter (a too-common occurrence at Bobcats games). The announcer mistook that for end of the quarter.
Never miss a local story.
• Speaking of Okafor, just one current Bobcat, Gana Diop, criss-crossed Okafor’s time in Charlotte. The Bobcats traded for Diop during the 2008-09 season, months before sending Okafor to New Orleans for Tyson Chandler.
• Obviously Jannero Pargo’s jump shooting is a plus. But the thing coach Mike Dunlap says he likes best is Pargo’s “wisdom.” As in after nine years in the NBA, he picks up any team’s jargon and patterns pretty fast.
• Dunlap is starting to play point guards Kemba Walker and Pargo together, as he often did with a healthy Ramon Sessions.