• Many of the people in Friday’s sellout crowd showed up primarily to see reigning MVP LeBron James perform. James didn’t play, but he did shoot around before the game and signed a bunch of autographs. Nice gesture.
• Biggest cheer of the night, by the way, was when James and teammate Dwyane Wade came out to the Heat bench in street clothes six minutes into the game.
Never miss a local story.
• When most of the house was chanting “Let’s Go Heat!” in the fourth quarter, it pretty much defined home-court disadvantage.
• Tyrus Thomas, finally playing again, took a charge and stole a pass in his first four minutes Friday night. Whether he’s here or elsewhere next season, it’s obvious he still cares about being an NBA player.
• The guy who hit the half-court shot during a fourth-quarter timeout shouldn’t get $7,777 he should get a 10-day contract.