Cho: Charlotte isn't shopping Kidd-Gilchrist
06/26/2013 10:28 AM
06/27/2013 1:19 AM
Busy as Charlotte Bobcats general manager Rich Cho is regarding the 2013 NBA draft, he took a minute at Wednesday’s media briefing to address the player chosen second overall in 2012.
“We’re not shopping MKG,” Cho said in response to a report concerning small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. “I wouldn’t believe everything you read on the Internet. We’re very, very happy with MKG.”
The website sheridanhoops.com posted a story Wednesday that the Bobcats were shopping Kidd-Gilchrist in trade this week, allegedly in anticipation of another small forward, Georgetown’s Otto Porter, Jr., being available with Charlotte’s No. 4 pick. However, there’s a strong indication the Washington Wizards are leaning toward drafting Porter No. 3.
When asked if the Bobcats are in any active trade discussions – Kidd-Gilchrist or otherwise – Cho said, “We make calls all the time.”
Kidd-Gilchrist popped up elsewhere in the news Wednesday when Cho indicated he might be included in the Team USA mini-camp for aspiring Olympians next month in Las Vegas.
A source indicated Team USA reached out to Kidd-Gilchrist through his agent, Leon Rose, for possible inclusion after the Bobcats play in the Las Vegas summer league. Bobcats point guard Kemba Walker was previously invited by Team USA.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.