Here is a sampling of the family-friendly events happening in the Triangle this weekend.
▪ The International Festival of Raleigh is Friday through Sunday at the Raleigh Convention Center. It is 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. To learn more or to see the admission cost (there are different prices each day), visit internationalfocusnc.org/festival.html.
▪ On Oct. 20, the Wake Forest Renaissance Centre for the Arts hosts several young musicians and Enloe High School’s Happy Accidents improv troupe for a youth edition of its Neck of the Woods community music series. Tickets are $5, and the show starts at 7 p.m. Visit wakeforestnc.gov/event-calendar.aspx.
▪ “The Poky Little Puppy” is 75! Celebrate the children’s classic at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh with a 10:30 a.m. story time and crafts on Oct. 21. The Poky Little Puppy will make an appearance in addition to the regularly scheduled story time at 10:30 a.m. Oct. 23. Visit quailridgebooks.com.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ “Pete the Cat,” a musical based on the laid-back children’s book character of the same name, plays at 3 p.m. Oct. 22 at N.C. State University’s Stewart Theatre. Tickets are $12 and can be bought at go.ncsu.edu/PetetheCat or by calling 919-515-1100.
▪ Northgate Mall’s free Halloween Spooktacular, featuring Paperhand Puppet Intervention and the music of Rusted Rails, is Oct. 22 from 3:30 to 7 p.m. There will be vendors, children’s activities and face-painting too. Visit northgatemall.com.