Read about these books in the Sunday June 26 print edition of The News & Observer.
- Bad Girls at Samarcand: Sexuality and Sterilization in a Southern Juvenile Reformatory by Karen L. Zipf
- Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler
- The Girls by Emma Cline
- The Full Catastrophe: Travels Among The New Greek Ruins by James Angelos
- The Architect's Apprentice by Elif Shafak
- Young Eliot: From St. Louis To “the Waste Land” by Robert Crawford
- The Anchoress by Robyn Cadwallader
- I Am Sorry To Think I Have Raised A Timid Son by Kent Russell
- The Sunlit Night by Rebecca Dinerstein
- Independence Lost: Lives On The Edge Of The American Revolution by Kathleen DuVal
And, in Triangle Reads, meet retired librarian Clare Bass and find out what she’s reading.