This is Easy Peasy, and great when you're in a pinch for a quick game day appetizer.
Note: You can substitute your basic ingredients with i.e. five-alarm chilli; the hottest salsa available; or add some cayenne pepper to the fold.
Opening weekend of the season demands multiple courses for the hungry masses. You can get this on and off the grill to start feeding them in no time at all.
- Chili: 4 cans of meat chili/bean chili (preferably 2 meat and 2 beans)
- Cream cheese: 500 Grams (2 bricks/2 tubs)
- Salsa – 1 small jar (medium heat)
- Chili powder: 1 heaping tbsp.
- Optional: 1 tsp. of chipotle or cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese: 1 medium bag of Tex Mex / Monterey jack, or shred your own
- Small Soft tortillas, Tortilla Chips, and Pita Wedges
- 1 medium tinfoil pan, aluminum foil
1. Mix chili, cream cheese, salsa and spices together until consistent throughout. (Hint: cut your cream cheese into cubes and microwave for 30 sec.)
2. Sprinkle Tex-Mex cheese on top of mixture, and then sprinkle with some additional chilli pepper
3. Cook on a grill - off-heat, or oven at 350 degrees F - until mixtures bubbles and cheese is melted
4. Remove foil, cook for another 5 minutes on broil to brown-up the cheese
5. Cut your pitas into wedges, stack and wrap in tinfoil and throw on the grill for five minutes; and also wrap your tortilla in tinfoil and do the same
Serve hot two hours before kick-off - hot with the assortment of warm soft warm tortillas, warmed grilled pita wedges and crispy tortillas. Consume with a Smokehouse Bloody Caesar
Recipe supplied by Gridiron Chef "Doc" Dockeray - Tailgate Homegate Media Network