This week’s trunk show lineup is twice as nice, with dual shows at three local boutiques. Here’s the skinny:
▪ Brides can check out the latest gowns from Lea-Ann Belter and Astrid & Mercedes during a trunk show at Traditions by Anna Bridal Boutique in Raleigh Friday and Saturday. Belter’s gowns are fully lined in silk and feature details like hand-sewn pearls, Austrian crystals and delicate embroidery. Gowns range from $2,300 to $5,000. Also designed by Belter, the Astrid & Mercedes line has a more carefree vibe and lower prices at $1,800 to $2,800. To schedule an appointment, call 919-783-8652.
▪ Sofia’s Boutique in Carrboro hosts a double trunk show this weekend, featuring colorful clothing from Salaam and new spring styles from Kork-Ease shoes. During the event, on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., shoppers can enjoy free refreshments, fit and styling consultations, raffles and a free gift with Kork-Ease shoe purchases. For more details, visit sofiasboutique.us.
▪ Dovecote boutique in Pittsboro’s Fearrington Village wraps up its spring trunk show series with colorful shifts and tunics from Before & Again and handmade headwear from Haute Hats on Saturday and Sunday. Call 919-542-1145 for more information.
Beauty events at Nordstrom, Belk
▪ Chanel makeup artist John Fussell comes to Nordstrom at the Streets at Southpoint in Durham Thursday to offer personal makeup and skincare consultations. To make an appointment, call 919-806-3700.
▪ Dior makeup artist Fredis Valasquez visits Belk in Crabtree Valley Mall for a summer beauty event Thursday through Saturday. Valasquez will give advice and demonstrations for creating summer beach or evening looks. Call 919-782-7010, ext. 265, to book an appointment.
Dress for Success
Dress for Success Triangle offers women big deals on spring and summer clothing during its inventory excess sale, Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Northgate Mall in Durham. Shoppers can score new and gently used suits and outerwear for $10 and pants, skirts, tops, handbags and shoes for $5. With a $20 donation, attendees can get first crack at the goods during the early bird sale at 9 a.m. All proceeds benefit Dress for Success Triangle’s efforts to support local women in need. For more info, call 919-286-2128.
Send Style Watch tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.