The Raleigh Wine Shop is hoping to repeat its previous pop-up dinner success with a harvest dinner on Oct. 23.
This summer, the Glenwood Ave wine store hosted a pop-up picnic and store owners were so pleased with the response that they are partnering with Plates Neighborhood Kitchen for another event.
At 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23, the store will host a five-course meal inspired by fall and holiday flavors and prepared by chef Sam Bradford of Plates and chef Lilly Gray Warren of the wine shop. Tickets cost $65 per person. Here is the menu:
• Radish and mutsu apples with turnip coulis paired with red and white mulled wine.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Green beans with confit mushrooms, almonds, bacon, Parmesan, fried shallots and buttermilk vinaigrette.
• Butternut squash soup with Boursin pave terrine and roasted chestnuts.
• Roasted stuffed turkey with pecan, bacon and maple gastrique, roasted ham, oyster dressing, sweet potato casserole, roasted brussel sprouts and cranberry sauce.
• Pumpkin pie with black currants and warm pink lady apple compote.
To make a reservation, call 919-803-5473. The store is at 126 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, theraleighwineshop.com.