Cary’s La Farm Bakery has released its fall baking class schedule. Here are a few of the highlights:
• 5:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 17, Chocolate: learn how to combine artisan breads with chocolate. Cost: $85.
• 5:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 10, Holiday party food: learn what to bring or serve at the next holiday gathering, including sweet stuffed pastries, savory crostini and puff pastry appetizers. Wine provided by the Wine Merchant. Cost: $85.
• 5:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 13, La Farm owner and master baker Lionel Vatinet will teach how to make brioche and challah. Cost: $85.
• 2-5 p.m. Nov. 15, Country French bread: Vatinet will teach students how to make this essential bread at his Cary home. Cost: $125.
• 5:30-7:30 p.m. Nov. 17, Southern biscuits with guest instructor Belinda Ellis, author of the “Biscuits: A Savor the South Cookbook.” Ellis of Raleigh used to work for White Lily flour company and traveled the country for 15 years teaching people how to make biscuits. Cost: $85.
• 5:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 19, Baking with beer with guest Sean Lilly Wilson of Durham’s Fullsteam Brewery. Vatinet will teach how to incorporate beer into bread dough and Wilson will offer a beer tasting and discuss the brewery’s seasonal offerings. Cost: $85.
To see the full class schedule, go to lafarmbakery.com.
To register for any classes, call 919-657-0657. The store is at 4248 NW Cary Parkway, Cary.
Be sure to check out the La Farm bread truck at the N.C. State Fair. The truck will be parked outside the Agriculture Today tent near Dorton Arena and Gate 1. Inside the tent, Vatinet also will be doing bread demonstrations during the fair in partnership with N.C. grain growers.