Raleigh’s destination steakhouse, Angus Barn, has posted its schedule of 2014 cooking classes with chef Walter Royal and special dinners in the wine cellar. Some of the classes have already sold out. Here is the schedule:
• Chef Royal, a former “Iron Chef” contestant, is teaching cooking classes at 2 p.m. on these Sundays: March 9, April 13, June 15, Aug. 24, Sept. 21 and Nov. 16. The classes cost $110.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• “Downton Abbey” fans may want to book a seat at two upcoming dinners: a winter menu dinner on Jan. 18 and a summer menu dinner on Aug. 16, which includes “wines fit for Lord Grantham himself.” The dinner costs $150 per person.
• On April 12, diners can enjoy a re-creation of the last meal served aboard the Titanic. The dinner costs $175.
• On July 19, diners will enjoy a seafood feast inspired by what is caught off the North Carolina coast. The cost is $125 per person.
• On Sept. 20, the history of wine in France will be explored with a wine dinner. It costs $150 per person.
• On Oct. 25, guests can partake in a mystery dinner where “dining chair detectives solve a mystery,” while enjoying a dinner with several courses and wine pairings at a cost of $125 per person.
• On Oct. 31, the barn is hosting a Halloween party where diners can dress up and dine for $110 per person.
All wine cellar dinners start with a social at 6 p.m. and dinner served at 7 p.m.
For more information or to book reservations, call 919-781-2444 or go to angusbarn.com/event.htm.