It’s hard to believe that my cookbook, “Pickles & Preserves: A Savor the South Cookbook” from UNC Press series, is finally out.
And that means, I have book events next month all over the Triangle and beyond. I would love to meet readers, sign cookbooks and chat with fellow canners and food lovers. I’ll be providing plenty of pickles and preserves to nosh on at these events. Here’s the calendar so far:
• 7:30 p.m. March 12,Quail Ridge Books & Music
, 3522 Wade Ave., Raleigh.
• 11 a.m. March 15,The Country Bookshop
, 140 NW Broad St., Southern Pines.
• 7 p.m. March 19, I’ll speak at theCulinary Historians of the Piedmont
, 752 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Chapel Hill.
• 7 p.m. March 22,Malaprop’s Bookstore
, 55 Haywood St., Asheville.
• 2 p.m. March 23,Park Road Books
, 4139 Park Road, Charlotte.
• 7 p.m. March 25,Barnes & Noble
, 760 SE Maynard, Cary.
• 7 p.m. March 26,The Regulator Bookshop
, 720 9th St., Durham.
• 7 p.m. March 28, I’ll be doing a reading and signing with fellow Savor the South authors Debbie Moose and Kathleen Purvis atScuppernong Books
, 304 S. Elm St., Greensboro.
• 11 a.m. April 12,McIntyre’s Books
, 220 Market St., Fearrington Village. Cookbook author Jean Anderson will be introducing me and available to sign copies of her books.
• 1 p.m. April 19, a book signing atParker and Otis
, 112 S. Duke St., Durham.
• 2 p.m. April 26,Barnes & Noble
at Alamance Crossing Shopping Center, 3125 Waltham Blvd., Burlington.
• 2 p.m. May 31,Barnes & Noble
, 3102 Northline Ave., Greensboro.
I’m also teaching a couple cooking classes: 2 p.m. May 17 at Whisk in Cary and 6 p.m. June 25 at Southern Season in Chapel Hill. I’m also travelling to Southern Season in Charleston to do two events on June 21: a book signing from 10 a.m.-noon and a cooking class at 1 p.m.
Other dates to keep in mind:
Several authors in the Savor the South series will be speaking at the North Carolina Literary Festival, April 3-6 at N.C. State University in Raleigh. I know I have been asked to moderate a panel at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, April 6 on the “The Future of Food Writing.”
Durham and Chapel Hill magazines are sponsoring a Taste the Event April 23-27, which includes a kickoff event from 5-7 p.m. April 23 at Top of the Hill distillery in Chapel Hill featuring myself and four other UNC Press cookbook authors. Tickets cost $51. Details and to purchase tickets, go to http://tastetheevent.com/home/event/taste-2014-opening-reception-topo-distillery/.