Wine dinner at Watts Grocery
The six-course dinner costs $55. Call 919-416-5040 for a reservation. Here is the menu:
• Fried green tomatoes with house sriracha aioli paired with a Dentelle sparkling wine.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Late season oyster pan roast with fennel and clams paired with Domaine Besson Note Blanche.
• Poached egg over grit cake with mushroom and pea saute paired with Domaine Les Freres Perroud ‘Amethyste’ Brouilly 2011.
• Pan-seared duck breast with a charred rhubarb sauce and local asparagus paired with Domaine Pascal Aufranc Les Cerisiers Julienas 2012.
• Leg of lamb with white bean veloute and pickled beets and fennel paired wth Domaine de la Bonne Tonne Morgon 2011.
• And for dessert, almond gateau Breton with macerated strawberries and goat cheese cream paired with Franck Besson Rose Granit sparkling wine.