Durham’s Vin Rouge restaurant is participating in International Sherry Week with a sherry dinner Thursday.
The dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. and offers six courses and six wines. Cost: $75.
Here is the menu:
▪ N.C. oysters with sauce mignonette paired with La Cigarrera Manzanilla, Sanlucar de Barrameda.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ “Le Grand Aioli” with mussels, shrimp, haricots verts, cauliflower, radish, egg and pommes frites paired with Grant Fino, El Puerto de Santa Maria.
▪ Chicken consommé with mushrooms, carrot and sherry paired with Grant Amontillado, El Puerto de Santa Maria.
▪ Foie gras terrine with onion marmalade, hazelnuts and brioche paired with El Maestro Sierra 1830 Amontillado, Jerez de la Frontera.
▪ Beef Bourguignon with carrots, mushrooms, pearl onions, lardon and red wine-beef jus paired with Cesar Florido, Cruz del Mar, Oloroso, Chipiona.
▪ Chocolate Mousse with olive oil and sea salt paired with El Maestro Sierra PX, Jerez de la Frontera.
Vin Rouge is 2010 Hillsborough Road, Durham.
Info: 919-416-0466, vinrougerestaurant.com/upcoming-events/