Lots of Durham cooking classes
Durham Spirits Co. , a cooking school in a historic Durham home, has a series of upcoming classes:
▪ 1-3 p.m. May 17, Global Grilling. Menu: grilled corn and avocado salad with cilantro and lime; Jamaican jerk chicken; grilled Thai eggplant satay with peanut sauce; tandoori shrimp with mint cilantro chutney; grilled naan; grilled pineapple and bananas with dulce de leche.
▪ 6-8 p.m. May 22, Summer Cocktails.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ 6-8 p.m. June 12, Low Country Boil. Menu: Low Country boil; peach ginger coleslaw; hush puppies; savory tomato pie; peach, berry and bourbon cobbler.
▪ 6-8 p.m. June 13, Summer Appetizers and Cocktails. Menu: chilled heirloom tomato soup with goat cheese mousse; bacon and peach crostini with creme fraiche; ricotta and fresh herb bruschetta; crab and avocado stuffed profiteroles; chile and lime-roasted chicken on jalapeño corn cakes; and mini berry pies.
▪ 1-3 p.m. June 14, Vietnamese Street Food. Menu: traditional banh mi with daikon and carrot pickle and sriracha aioli; char siu pork; chicken sate; spring rolls with nuoc cham dipping sauce; banh xeo rice crepes.
Cost is $59 per person. To sign up, go online: durhamspiritscompany.com