Durham’s Guglhupf restaurant and bakery is taking reservations for its five-course, six-wine dinner on Wednesday night.
Here is the menu:
▪ Malpeque oyster on the half shell with crème fraîche and N.C. trout caviar paired with 2014 Mittelbach rosé.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ N.C. shrimp ceviche with house cracker paired with 2014 Leitz rosé.
▪ Smoked N.C. bluefish pâté, grilled bauernbrot toast points paired with 2014 Gobelsburg Cistercian rosé.
▪ Lobster and whitefish torchon, pickled sea-beans, shellfish foam, black garlic oil paired with 2014 Bastide Blanche rosé.
▪ Seared wild king salmon, fava bean pureé, locally foraged angelica chutney paired with 2014 Izadi Larrosa rosé.
▪ Gâteau St Honoré: Pistachio dusted pâte à choux, chocolate crème, vanilla bean crème and red berry coulis paired with NV Bründlmayer brut rosé.
The restaurant is at 2706 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd., Durham.