A whole bunch of the food world’s stars are coming to the Triangle for events: Ruth Reichl, Hugh Acheson, Ree Drummond, Patrick O’Connell and Daniel Humm.
Here are the details I know so far:
▪ Athens, Ga., chef and “Top Chef” judge Hugh Acheson will be the guest of honor at an Aug. 30 dinner at Standard Foods, the new restaurant to be opened by chef Scott Crawford. (This will be the first time the public will get to dine in this long-anticipated Raleigh restaurant.) The dinner will celebrate Acheson’s new book, “The Broad Fork.” Tickets cost $85 for a family style dinner featuring six recipes from the book at 6:30 p.m. Or diners can pay $125 for the dinner plus a 5 p.m. cooking demonstration with Acheson. To purchase tickets, go to nando.com/achesonevent
▪ The Inn at Little Washington chef Patrick O’Connell will be the guest of honor at a reception and three-course lunch at 1 p.m. Sept. 13 at Fearrington in Pittsboro. It costs $140 per person, and diners receive a copy of O’Connell’s book, “The Inn at Little Washington: A Magnificent Obsession.” Call 919-542-2121 for a reservation. Menu: nando.com/oconnell.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Former Gourmet magazine editor and author Ruth Reichl will be the guest of honor at a three-course lunch at The Barn at Fearrington at 1 p.m. Oct. 15. It costs $105 and diners receive a copy of Reichl’s new cookbook, “My Kitchen Year!” Call 919-542-2121 for a reservation. Menu: nando.com/ruth.
▪ Food Network star Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman, will be signing copies of her new book, “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime,” at 7 p.m. Oct. 22 at Raleigh’s Quail Ridge Books. Customers get a signing line ticket with the purchase of her cookbook. Drummond will sign her other books as well.
▪ A heads up, although tickets are not available yet: Chef Daniel Humm of Eleven Madison Park and The NoMad in New York City will be coming to Fearrington for a four-course dinner on Nov. 8. (I will post more details as soon as I get them.)