Updated 1/28 with Il Palio and Ashley Christensen’s restaurants. 1/29: Tupelo Honey Cafe, Babylon, La Farm. 2/1: Pittsboro Roadhouse, Piccola Italia, Bittersweet. 2/2: Lantern, Antonia’s, Triangle Seafood and Rye Bar. 2/5: Academy Street Bistro, Vin Rouge
Here’s a roundup of which Triangle restaurants are offering special menus for this year’s Valentine’s Day.
Please note: I will update this list periodically between now and Feb. 14 so check back for more options. Remember that lots of Triangle restaurants are open and taking reservations on Valentine’s Day but aren’t offering special menus. So if you have a favorite and don’t see it here, that may be their deal. Give them a call.
Unless otherwise noted, these special menus are available Sunday, Feb. 14.
Restaurant owners, want to get on this list? Send a note to email@example.com.
▪ Durham’s Vin Rouge will be serving a special three-course prix fixe menu on Feb. 14 for $55 per person. The menu isn’t finalized yet but the dishes will include ingredients like foie gras, oysters, caviar, truffles, lobster and filet mignon, according to general manager Michael Maller. For reservations, call 919-416-0466.
▪ Cary’s Academy Street Bistro is offering a three-course prix fixe menu plus their regular menu on Feb. 12 and 13 and three-course expanded prix fixe menu for Feb. 14. Cost: $48 per person. To see menu, go to academystreetbistro.com/Dinner-Menu.html. For a reservation, call 919-377-0509.
▪ Hillsborough’s Antonia’s Restaurant has two seatings (5-6 p.m. and 7:30-8:30 p.m.) on Valentine’s Day when they will be offering a three-course menu. To see the menu, go to antoniashillsborough.com/eventsandcatering/. Cost: $55 per person. Call 919-643 7722.
▪ Lantern in Chapel Hill is offering a special three-course menu for $65 per person. To see the menu, go to lanternrestaurant.com/menus/vday2016.html. For a reservation, call 919-969-8846.
▪ Triangle Seafood Restaurant and Bar in Durham is offering a four-course meal on Feb. 12 and 13. Cost: $55 per person with $25 optional wine pairings. To see the menu, go to twitter.com/triangleseafood/status/694700543143337984/photo/1. Call 919-956-7360.
▪ Raleigh’s Bittersweet is doing a mini champagne class with dessert at 8 p.m. Feb. 14. Customers get a pour of three different rosés and their choice of a chocolate dessert: chocolate-peppermint mousse or chocolate-ginger cream pie. Cost: $25. Call 919-977-3829 to purchase tickets or stop by Bittersweet.
▪ Pittsboro Roadhouse in Pittsboro is offering four days of Valentine’s Day specials on Feb. 11-14. It costs $75 per couple for one appetizer, two entrees, one dessert and two glasses of champagne. Menu: pittsbororoadhouse.com/valentines-day/. Call 919-542-2432.
▪ Piccola Italia Pizza & Restaurant in Raleigh’s Cameron Village is offering a Valentine’s special on Feb. 12-14. The dinner for two costs $49. You get one appetizers, two salads, two entrees and one dessert. No reservations accepted; walk-in only.
▪ La Farm Bakery in Cary is offering a Valentine’s dinner for two on Feb. 13 and 14. It’s a three-course menu that costs $100. To see menu and to reserve seats, go to lafarmbakery.com/shop/seasonal/valentines-day-dinner-for-two. (La Farm is also offering a wine and chocolate class on Feb. 11: lafarmbakery.com/wine-and-chocolate-0.)
▪ Babylon in Raleigh is offering a five-course prix fixe meal for $175 per couple on Feb. 13 and 14. To see the menu, go to babylonraleigh.com/2016/01/valentines-weekend-prix-fixe-menu/. Reservations can be made online: babylonraleigh.com.
▪ Tupelo Honey Cafe at Raleigh’s Cameron Village is offering a two specials from Feb. 12-14: A fried chicken supper plate with a glass of champagne for $20 or two fried chicken supper plates, a shared dessert and one bottle of champagne for $55. To make a reservation, call 919-723-9353. Info: tupelohoneycafe.com.
▪ Il Palio at the Siena Hotel in Chapel Hill is offering a special a la carte menu on Feb. 13 and 14. Here is a link to the menu: https://www.facebook.com/IlPalioRestaurant/photos/a.10151619597286419.1073741830.79954251418/10153887430481419/?type=3&theater. To make a reservation, call 919-918-2545 or go online: ilpalio.com.
▪ Raleigh’s Poole’s Downtown Diner is offering a three-course prix fixe for $60 per person. For a reservation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To see menu, go to http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4d3d8ece1542284676e2c8e08&id=48f529067a
▪ Ashley Christensen’s other Raleigh restaurants are offering special in addition to their regular menus. These places do not take reservations. They are walk in only. Beasley’s Chicken + Honey in Raleigh is serving a regular menu with some weekend specials: crab hush puppies with smoky tomato remoulade (all weekend); coffee rubbed smoked brisket (all weekend); Nashville-style hot chicken (on Sunday night only); and fried oyster benedict special for brunch. Chuck’s is featuring a special burger au poivre with tobacco onions and bearnaise aioli. If you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day early, Joule is hosting it next dinner series: Mardi Gras food on Feb. 11 and 12 (and again Feb. 18, 19, 25 and 26). Cost: $29 per person. Reservations: http://bit.ly/1OZ7f27
▪ Sullivan's Steakhouse in Raleigh will offer a three course prix fixe menu for $62. Menu highlights include: shrimp and lobster bisque, filet mignon and crab-basil stuffed shrimp, garlic horseradish mashed potatoes and lobster macaroni and cheese, and bananas Foster bread pudding and chocolate mousse. Call 919-833-2888 for reservations. More info: sullivanssteakhouse.com
▪ Raleigh’s Humble Pie will be serivng a prix fixe dinner with a glass of sparkling wine. Vegetarian options are available. Cost: $45 per person. Reservations available between 5-9 p.m. Note: they will be serving regular menu on Feb. 13. Make reservations by calling 919-829-9222 or go to website: humblepierestaurant.com/2016/01/valentines-day-info/
▪ Primal Food and Spirits, a gluten-free restaurant in Durham, is offering a Valentine’s Day brunch and dinner. Brunch is the regular menu plus a special a la carte menu and dinner costs $55 for three courses. Call 919-248-3000 for reservations. More info: primalfoodandspirits.com/events/
▪ The Umstead Hotel and Spa in Cary is offering its special Valentine’s Day menu from Feb. 12-14. The four-course meal costs $115 per person with optional wine pairings for an additional $60. To see the menu, go to theumstead.com//assets/pdfs/valentines2016.pdf. Call 919-447-4000.
▪ The Umstead Hotel and Spa in Cary is also offering an early Valentine’s Day event at 3 p.m. Feb. 7. It is an artisan confections class featuring pastry chef Evan Sheridan and special guests Melissa and Lee Katrincic of Durham Distillery. The class costs $65 per person. Call 919-447-4000 to reserve a spot in class.
▪ Raleigh’s Standard Foods is offering an old-school prix fixe menu with oysters Rockefeller, charred butter beef, macaroni and cheese and a chocolate souffle. Cost: $70 per person with optional wine pairings. The menu will be offered along with regular menu from Feb. 12-14. See menu at standard-foods.com/prixfixe/. For reservations, go online or call 919-307-4652.
▪ Cary’s Chef’s Palette is offering a special Valentine’s Day menu and is taking reservations from 4-8:30 p.m. To see menu, go to chefspalette.net/valentine-s-day.html. Make a reservation by calling 919-267-6011.