UPDATE: This event has been canceled. Owner Gus Gusler sent this note: "Unfortunately, we have experienced an electrical issue in our kitchen and we have had to cancel the event. We are still open but we are not able to handle the event. Instead we are making a donation to the school."
If you have ever dreamed of wearing a tuxedo or gown to Raleigh’s Players’ Retreat, Saturday is your night.
The legendary Raleigh bar and restaurant and N.C. State University hangout will celebrate 65 years with a red carpet charity supper to support The Frankie Lemmon School.
The night will include a five-course dinner with wine pairings for $165 per person. The event starts at 6 p.m. with an open bar and appetizers and celebrity bartenders Raleigh mayor Nancy McFarlane, WRAL anchor David Crabtree and 18 Seaboard chef and Jason Smith.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
Here is a menu:
▪ Johnston County Lady Edison prosciutto-style country ham, house-made pork and duck terrine, pickled vegetables, crostini and Heywoods mustard.
▪ PR sauce-glazed shrimp with celery root puree, shaved fennel and carrots and crispy pigs ears.
▪ Ginger duck risotto with duck confit, seared shiitake mushrooms, scallions, duck crackling and oyster sauce.
▪ Seared Wagyu beef with chilled soba noodle salad, baby bok choy, cilantro chimichurri and chicharrones.
▪ Coconut trifle with coconut milk pastry cream, almond pound cake, dark chocolate, almond, coconut bark and whipped cream.
To purchase tickets, go to eventbrite.com/e/players-retreat-65th-birthday-supper-for-the-frankie-lemmon-school-tickets-20961698003