Southern Season starts farmer and chef cooking classes
Southern Season, the Triangle’s largest cooking school and gourmet food store, is launching a “Chef Meets Farmer” series of cooking classes at its Chapel Hill store.
Here is the schedule:
▪ 6 p.m. April 11, chef Greg Gettles of Piedmont in Durham and Coon Rock Farm’s Jamie DeMent and Richard Holcomb. Cost: $45.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
▪ 4 p.m. April 17, chefs Kim Floresca and Daniel Ryan of [one] restaurant in Chapel Hill and Four Leaf Farm’s Helga and Tim McAller. Cost: $50.
▪ 6 p.m. April 25, chef James Clark of Chapel Hill’s The Carolina Inn and Salty Catch Seafood Co.’s Renee Perry and Steve Goodwin. Cost: $50.
▪ 6 p.m. May 2, pastry chef Krystle Swenson of Raleigh’s Standard Foods and Raleigh City Farm’s James Edwards. Cost: $45.
▪ 6 p.m. May 16, Durham’s Saltbox Seafood Joint chef and owner Ricky Moore and Locals Seafood’s Lin Peterson. Cost: $50.
▪ 4 p.m. May 22, chef and owner Brendan Cox of Oakleaf in Pittsboro and Peregrine Farm’s Alex Hitt. Cost: $45.
▪ 6 p.m. June 20, butcher and chef Steven Goff of Standard Foods in Raleigh and Craig Rogers of Border Springs Farm in Patrick Springs, Va. Cost: $45
▪ 6 p.m. June 29, chef Ben Adams and pit master Wyatt Dickson of Picnic in Durham and Ryan Butler of Green Button Farm in Bahama, N.C. Cost: $45
Tickets go on sale March 10.
For reservations, call 919-929-7133 or go to southernseason.com.
The Chapel Hill store is at University Mall, 201 S. Estes Dr.