Chef Ricky Moore of Durham’s Saltbox Seafood Shack is teaching a class as part of Southern Season’s new Chef Meets Farmer cooking class series.
Southern Season starts farmer and chef cooking classes
Southern Season, the Triangle’s largest cooking school and gourmet food store, is launching a “Chef Meets Farmer” series of cooking classes at its Chapel Hill store.
Here is the schedule:
▪ 6 p.m. April 11, chef Greg Gettles of Piedmont in Durham and Coon Rock Farm’s Jamie DeMent and Richard Holcomb. Cost: $45.
▪ 4 p.m. April 17, chefs Kim Floresca and Daniel Ryan of [one] restaurant in Chapel Hill and Four Leaf Farm’s Helga and Tim McAller. Cost: $50.
▪ 6 p.m. April 25, chef James Clark of Chapel Hill’s The Carolina Inn and Salty Catch Seafood Co.’s Renee Perry and Steve Goodwin. Cost: $50.
▪ 6 p.m. May 2, pastry chef Krystle Swenson of Raleigh’s Standard Foods and Raleigh City Farm’s James Edwards. Cost: $45.
▪ 6 p.m. May 16, Durham’s Saltbox Seafood Joint chef and owner Ricky Moore and Locals Seafood’s Lin Peterson. Cost: $50.
▪ 4 p.m. May 22, chef and owner Brendan Cox of Oakleaf in Pittsboro and Peregrine Farm’s Alex Hitt. Cost: $45.
▪ 6 p.m. June 20, butcher and chef Steven Goff of Standard Foods in Raleigh and Craig Rogers of Border Springs Farm in Patrick Springs, Va. Cost: $45
▪ 6 p.m. June 29, chef Ben Adams and pit master Wyatt Dickson of Picnic in Durham and Ryan Butler of Green Button Farm in Bahama, N.C. Cost: $45
Tickets go on sale March 10.
For reservations, call 919-929-7133 or go to southernseason.com.
The Chapel Hill store is at University Mall, 201 S. Estes Dr.