Chef John May of Piedmont restaurant in Durham and chef Jay Pierce of The Marshall Free House in Greensboro are collaborating on a seven-course shrimp dinner on Aug. 24.
Inez Ribustello of On the Square restaurant and Tarboro Brewing Co. in Tarboro will join the dinner, and has selected a beer pairing with each course. The dinner, which starts at 6:30 p.m., costs $65 or $85 with beer pairings. Contact 919-683-1213 for reservations.
The menu is:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
▪ Shrimp ceviche, watermelon, charred leeks and sorghum.
▪ Pickled shrimp, corn soup and poblano oil paired with Tarboro Brewing Co. Nana’s Roof Belgian Pale Ale.
▪ Shrimp mousse, green goddess and summer vegetables.
▪ Rice-crusted shrimp with boiled peanut nuoc cham paired with Tarboro Brewing Co. Town Common English-Style Ale.
▪ Shrimp and grits paired with Tarboro Brewing Co. First Ryed India Pale Ale.
▪ Frogmore stew with aioli, smoked potatoes and barbecue corn paired with Tarboro Brewing Co. Downtown Abbaye Belgian Dubbel.
▪ Buttermilk pound cake with blackberries and basil.
The restaurant is at 401 Foster St., Durham.