Raleigh’s Angus Barn has two upcoming wine cellar events. Here are the details:
Burly Wines five-course dinner with wine pairings at 6 p.m. Sept. 17. Tickets cost $150.
Here is the menu:
▪ Roasted quail with chestnut, andouille sausage and cornbread stuffing over collards and mustard greens topped with thyme jus paired with 2014 Burly Chardonnay.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
▪ Slow-braised pork belly salad with frisee and rocket lettuce and pickled radishes paired with 2014 Burly Sauvignon Blanc.
▪ Black truffled beef medallions served with smashed turnip and Yukon gold potatoes, chevre, roasted Brussels sprouts, and baby carrots paired with 2011 and 2012 Burly Cabernet Sauvignon.
▪ Wild berry Napoleon with mango and lavender cream and raspberry and Chambord puree paired with 2012 Burly Special Select Cabernet Sauvignon.
History of Spanish wine five-course dinner with wine pairings at 6 p.m. Sept. 24. Tickets cost $130.
▪ Spanish cassoulet with smoked bacon, duck confit, chorizo and gigante white beans.
▪ Seafood salad with sea bass, shrimp, scallops and crab.
▪ Moscatel Sorbet
▪ Smoked chili-rubbed beef tenderloin with roasted red pepper chimichurri sauce, serrano-wrapped white asparagus and orzo.
▪ Cuban bread pudding with mango rum raisin sauce and guanabana ice cream.
For more information or to reserve seats call 919-278-2724. Payment upon reservation.
The restaurant is at 9401 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh.