Raleigh's mandatory water conservation measures include:
* Automatic spray irrigation systems can be used only from midnight to 5 a.m. and from 10 p.m. to midnight. Nonautomatic systems can be used only from midnight to 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. to midnight.
* Watering by either system is allowed only Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays for even-numbered addresses and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for odd-numbered addresses.
* Watering by hand-held, hose-end watering devices is allowed between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. any day of the week.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
* Irrigate only if plants need water. If grass springs back after you step on it, there is no need to water. Don't apply more than 1 inch of water per week. Do not directly water impervious surfaces such as streets, driveways and sidewalks.
* Water will not be served in public restaurants except upon request.
* Leaking water services or plumbing must be repaired within 24 hours of written notification.
* No water may be added to any decorative fountain, pool or pond except where necessary to maintain aquatic life.
* Vehicles may be washed only at professional car washes.
* No swimming or wading pools may be filled.
* Do not wash sidewalks, patios, decks, driveways or building exteriors. This restriction does not apply to pressure washing performed by commercial pressure-washing companies or the washing of areas to maintain public health and sanitary conditions.
To report water violations, call the city's public utilities department at 857-4540.