* Six trucks retrofitted to carry tanks of salt brine to treat roads before a storm hits.
* Plans to call Wake County government and schools in bad weather to coordinate travel schedules.
* Radio and television broadcasts asking motorists to stay put until roads are treated.
* E-mail requests to major employers to keep workers at work.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Asking commuters not to use cellular telephones except for emergency calls.