• Jessica McKenzie, 21, is accused of striking a man in the face with a pool cue ball. According to police reports, the suspect’s boyfriend accused the victim of flirting with the suspect; shortly thereafter, the woman struck the victim. McKenzie, of 200 Woodcreek Drive in Cary, faces a misdemeanor charge of assault with a deadly weapon. Alcohol was involved, reports state.
• Brandon Farrar, a bartender at a local TGI Friday’s, is accused of using a customer’s credit card to buy a pack of Newport cigarettes, according to police reports.
Reports state that a 37-year-old woman left her card at the 2002 Kildaire Farm Road restaurant. Farrar denied seeing it, but was captured on video using it at a nearby supermarket, reports state. The 27-year-old Pittsboro resident faces a misdemeanor charge of financial card fraud and a felony charge of financial theft, reports state.
• Nestor Gomez, 18, is accused of punching a Craigslist seller in the face and stealing the iPhone he had promised to buy, according to police reports. Gomez, of 201 Belrose Drive, faces a felony common law robbery charge.
• Cary police received reports of forced-entry burglaries at the following locations between Mar. 26 and April 1: the 150 block of Triangle Trade Drive; the 100 block of Phacelia Way; the 800 block of SE Maynard Road; the 400 block of Fallen Elm Avenue; the 1100 block of Ralph Drive.
• Cary police received reports of unforced-entry burglaries at the following locations between Mar. 26 and April 1: the 100 block of Headlands Lane; the 200 block of Appledown Drive.
Compiled by staff writer Andrew Kenney