Apex High School
• The Apex High School DECA competed in international competition April 27-May 2 in Salt Lake City. The following students won International Awards of Excellence:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
• Laura Brockington and Shelby Wilt in Advertising Campaign
• Tim Merithew and Zach Gadwah in Advertising Campaign
• Kyle May and Mark Tate in Creative Marketing
• Chris Denison in Entrepreneurship Written
• Dipali Aphale and Karen Cheng in Finance Research
• Alia Capone in Hospitality and Tourism Promotion
• Katie Godfrey, Megan Gravley and Sydney Snedeker in Learn & Earn
• Lena McCord and Erica Gilarranz in Sports and Entertainment Promotion
Kyle May and Mark Tate won third place internationally for their Creative Marketing plan with The Performance Academy. Katie Godfrey, Megan Gravley and Sydney Snedeker won first place internationally for their Learn & Earn project for the Peak City Gala of Hope benefitting the V Foundation for Cancer Research.
Apex High School was the only school in North Carolina to win multiple international trophies and the only school in North Carolina to win a first place trophy.
• The Apex High School Fine Arts Peak Players will present Cabaret at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 17, to Saturday, May 19, in the high school auditorium. Cabaret is not recommended for children younger than 13 years old. Tickets are $7 for students and seniors and $9 for adults in advanced. Tickets are $10 at the door. To purchase tickets, visitwww.apexdrama.com
Apex Middle School
The following students were honored at Apex Middle School for the character trait of good judgement: Rachel Anderson, Luke Colwell, Kyle Davis, Ryan Decker, Ansley Harris, Elizabeth Her, Benjamin Ingham, Anna Jenkins, Erin Kepley, Morgan Latham, John LeMoine, Emma Lynch, John McCrimmon, Amy Morgan, Timothy Partridge, Fen Porter, Audrey Revis and Alex Robertson.
Green Hope High School
Green Hope High School’s Winter Indoor Percussion unit continued to improve this season and was promoted to the Scholastic Open division in both the regional circuit, the Atlantic Indoor Association, and the national circuit, the Winter Guard International. Green Hope is currently the only school in North Carolina or Virginia in the WGI Open Division.
Green Hope placed second at the World Guard International Regional competition in Virginia.
Team members include Will Meek, Michael Toland, Jack DelVecchio, Praveen Srinivasimurthy, Daniel Kim, Mich Mussara, Matthew Sokol, Josh Sharpe, Addison Jordan, Jay Natale, Will Schoeffler, Liam Gaynor, Rose Kim, Chris Embry, Blake Calva, Brian Ho, Naomi Buell, Adam Vosburgh, Emily Magee, Ben Clements, Caity Caggia, Annemarie Farina, Seth Wesner, James Roman, Carolyn Caggia, Kaitlyn Geikler, Jeremy Jordan, Eric Westerhold, Allison Brockman and Avery Sullivan. The student managers are Avanthika Iyengar and Ali Kotze. The coaches are Aaron Tucker, Sean Combes, Mario Taylor, Matt Hartwell and Justin Belcher.
Holly Springs High School
The Holly Springs High School Athletic Department will hold an open house for all incoming freshman and their parents/guardians at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 17, in the gymnasium. The Golden Hawks Club and all head coaches will be in attendance. During this time all dates will be given regarding tryouts, summer workouts and physicals. Questions will be answered by the staff.
The Wake County Public School System will offer the following classes through its Lifelong Learning Program. Call 919-431-7593 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athens Drive High School
• Personal Computers and Windows Introduction, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:45 to 9:15 p.m., May 17-29, $85
• Ballroom Dancing, Tuesdays, 8:15 to 9:15 p.m., May 22-July 24, $145
• Your First Dance, Tuesdays, 7:15 to 8:15 p.m., May 22-July 24, $145
Reedy Creek Middle School
• GRE/GMAT Exam Math Prep, Tuesdays, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., May 22-July 24, $155
Substitute Teachers Association
The Substitute Teachers Association of Wake County will meet from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, May 17, at St. Timothy’s School, 4523 Six Forks Road, Raleigh. RSVP to email@example.com.