Cary’s Live at Lunch outdoor concert series returns to downtown this fall, beginning with a show Thursday, Sept. 3.
In May, the Town of Cary held weekly concerts in Fidelity Bank Plaza at 100 W. Chatham St., at the intersection of Academy Street. A variety of musical acts played outside while people brought lunches to picnic tables.
Concerts will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursdays.
The fall season begins with a show by Ben Torres, who is a pop/rock pianist.
Academy Street Bistro, Ashworth Drugs and Once in a Blue Moon Bakery & Café will offer to-go lunch specials during the concerts.
Here is the schedule of performances:
▪ Sept. 10: Chris Overstreet (acoustic guitar)
▪ Sept. 17: Katelyn Read (singer-songwriter who appeared on “The Voice”)
▪ Sept. 24: Ed Stephenson (flamenco)
▪ Oct. 1: The Canady Thomas Duo (country/pop)
▪ Oct. 8: Mark Wells (jazz)
▪ Oct. 15: Pete Frederick (classic rock)
▪ Oct. 22: Steve & Chuck (alternative/pop)
▪ Oct. 29: Hank Smith Duo (bluegrass)