Preschool Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Holly Springs seniors can play Bingo from 1-3 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Bingo cards cost $1, and there will be cash prizes of up to $10.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, visit www.growers-market.org.
Holly Springs Community Band open rehearsal
The public is invited to listen to the Holly Springs Community Band rehearse from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For more information, go to www.hollyspringsband.net.
The Halle Cultural Arts Center will show the movie “American Hustle” for free at 7:30 p.m. at 237 N. Salem St., Apex.
Blood drive in Cary
A blood drive for the American Red Cross will be from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the North Carolina Bar Association, 8000 Weston Parkway, Cary. Donors must be 17 or older, or 16 with a parent’s consent, and weigh at least 110 pounds. Donors must have a blood donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification. To make an appointment, go to www.redcrossblood.org.
Blood drive in Apex
A blood drive for the American Red Cross will be from 3-7:30 p.m. at Kraft Family YMCA, 8921 Holly Springs Road, Apex. Donors must be 17 or older, or 16 with a parent’s consent, and weigh at least 110 pounds. Donors must have a blood donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification. To make an appointment, go to www.redcrossblood.org.
Seven O’Clock Rock Series
Peak City Blues Project will perform for Blues Night, part of Cary’s Seven O’Clock Rock Series. Free dance lessons will start at 7 p.m., and concert is at 7:30 p.m. on the corner of Academy and Chatham streets in downtown Cary.
‘American Girl’ Club
Barnes & Noble’s “American Girl” Club for kids will meet at 7 p.m. at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go towww.caryfarmersmarket.com
• The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, go towww.westernwakefarmersmarket.org
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. For details, go towww.hollyspringsnc.us
• The Apex Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, go towww.apexfarmersmarket.weebly.com
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, go towww.growers-market.org
Child Safety Day
Child Safety Day events will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the back parking lot of the Wal-Mart Supercenter at 7016 GB Alford Highway, Holly Springs. The Holly Springs Police Department will give free car seat inspections, and Wal-Mart will sell hot dogs to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network. There will be free ice cream, free child identification forms and bike demonstrations.
Barnes & Noble will host a Grandparents Day story time for kids with “How to Babysit a Grandpa” and “How to Babysit a Grandma” by Jean Reagan at 11 a.m. at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Barnes & Noble will host hands-on learning activities for kids at 2 p.m. at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.