The Stevens Nature Center will host activities for kids at Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve, 2616 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. To register, call 919-387-5980. Here’s the schedule:
• Curiosity Club: Fossil Fun (ages 5-8): 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 25. $12 for Cary residents, $16 for non-residents.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
• Kids Fun-Days: Calls of the Wild (ages 5-8): 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Jan. 27. $12 for Cary residents, $16 for non-residents.
• Curious Creatures: Life Under Logs (ages 5-8): 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Jan. 30. $12 for Cary residents, $16 for non-residents.
• Eco-Explorers: Marvelous Mammals (ages 7-10): 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 31. $12 for Cary residents, $16 for non-residents.
• Tales and Trails: Stories Around the Campfire (all ages with parents): 5-6:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 31. $20 for Cary residents, $28 for non-residents.
• Discovery Days Mini-Camps: Home Sweet home (ages 5-7): 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2, through Wednesday, Feb. 4. $54 for Cary residents, $68 for non-residents.
• Curious Creatures: Serious for Salamanders (ages 5-8): 1-3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 5, $12 for Cary residents, $16 for non-residents.
• Kids Fun-Days: Rock and Roll Rocks (ages 5-8): 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Feb. 6. $12 for Cary residents, $16 for non-residents.
• Adult Nature Workshops: Composting 101 (ages 18 and older): 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7. $18 for Cary residents, $25 for non-residents.
Cary’s annual Daddy-Daughter Dance for girls, ages 4-12, and their fathers will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 6, and 6-9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7, at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. Photography will begin at 5 p.m. Registration is required, and both father and daughter must register for $17 each for Cary residents or $22 each for non-residents. For details, go to www.townofcary.org.
Cary Ballet Company will sponsor a Daddy-Daughter Dance for girls, ages 4 and older, and their fathers or grandfathers from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7, at 3791 NW Cary Parkway. There will be door prizes, games, refreshments and photography. Register for $35 per pair and $10 for each additional sibling in person. For more information, call 919-481-6509.
The Knights of Columbus and Rex Blood Services will host a blood drive from 2-6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. To sign up, go to www.kofc12119.org. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Contemporary Book Group
The Contemporary Book Group will meet to discuss “The Rent Collector” by Camron Wright at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, at Barnes & Noble, 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Valentine’s English Tea
The Valentine’s English Tea for ages 55 and older will be from 2-4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13, at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. To register by Thursday, Feb. 5, call 919-469-4081.
Parents’ Night Out
Ages 3-9 will be entertained with games, art, crafts and pizza from 5:30-9:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13, at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., Cary. For details, call 919-460-4965.
Cary’s School of Government
Cary residents can apply to learn about their local government in the annual School of Government through Friday, Feb. 13. The class is eight sessions long, and will meet from 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays from March 25 through April 29, and on Saturday, April 11, and Saturday, April 25. For details and applications, call 919-469-4006 or go to www.townofcary.org.
African-American Book Group
The African-American Book Group will meet to discuss “Who Asked You?” by Terry McMillan at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 19, at Barnes & Noble, 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Indoor Farmers Market
Holly Springs’ Indoor Farmers Market will be open from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Feb. 28, and Saturday, March 28, at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St.
Cary’s Kite Festival will be at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, March 21, at Fred G. Bond Metro Park, 801 High House Road, Cary. For details, call 919-462-3970 or go to www.townofcary.org.
Beer & Bacon Festival
The Beer & Bacon Festival will come to Cary on Saturday, March 28, at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Guests will sample international beers and wines, and enjoy tasting stations from Triangle restaurants. There will be live music, a butchering class and exhibits.
VIP tickets are $69 in advance. Regular tickets cost $39 in advance and $45 the day of the festival. For designated drivers, VIP tickets cost $39 and regular tickets cost $25 in advance. For details, go to www.beerandbacon.com.
Great Grapes! Food and Wine Festival
Koka Booth Amphitheatre will host the Great Grapes! Food and Wine Festival from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. For details, go to www.uncorkthefun.com.
Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival
Koka Booth Amphitheatre will host the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival on Friday, July 31, and Saturday, Aug. 1, at 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. For details, go to www.beerandbourbon.com.