Lupus support group
The North Carolina Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America will host a support group meeting for people with lupus, family members and caregivers from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, April 24, in the Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. Call 877-849-8271, ext. 2, or email email@example.com, www.lupusnc.org.
Arbor Day Tree Dedication
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club will dedicate a tree on Arbor Day to Frances Ashworth Senter at 2 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Fuquay-Varina Museums, 131 S. Fuquay Ave., Fuquay-Varina.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
Western Wake Democrats
The Western Wake Democrats will meet from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Cary High School auditorium, 638 Walnut St., Cary. Democratic candidates from the three congressional districts that serve Wake County have been invited. Doors open at 3 p.m.
Needmore Ruritan Club
The Needmore Ruritan Club will meet for dinner at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 1, at the Needmore Ruritan Club House, 1812 Bass Lake Road, Fuquay-Varina. Billy Rogers of Mission Serve will speak. Guests and new members are welcome. For more information, call club president Arthur Mouberry at 919-594-4707.
AARP Cary Chapter
The AARP Cary Chapter will meet at 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, May 6, at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place, Cary. The Athens Drive High School jazz ensemble will perform. For details, call 919-467-1424.
Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League
The Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League meets for dinner and social time at 6 p.m. and a business meeting at 7 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.tarheelmcl.org.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details:www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details:techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at McGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details:www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 orwww.carypagerotary.org
Alzheimer’s support group
An Alzheimer’s family support group will meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month 6:30-7:30 p.m. at 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: email@example.com.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details:www.caryvfw.org
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.org.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: email@example.com.