Western Wake Democrats
The Western Wake Democrats will meet from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Cary High School auditorium, 638 Walnut St., Cary. Democratic candidates from the three congressional districts that serve Wake County have been invited. Doors open at 3 p.m.
The Republican Women of Cary and Southwestern Wake will meet for check-in and social time at 11:30 a.m. and lunch at noon Thursday, May 1, at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary. Rich Gianni, a newly appointed member of the Wake County Board of Commissioners, will meet with the group. Lunch costs $20. RSVP to Sue Rousselo at RWCSW123@gmail.com.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Needmore Ruritan Club
The Needmore Ruritan Club will meet for dinner at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 1, at the Needmore Ruritan Club House, 1812 Bass Lake Road, Fuquay-Varina. Billy Rogers of Mission Serve will speak. Guests and new members are welcome. For more information, call club president Arthur Mouberry at 919-594-4707.
AARP Cary Chapter
The AARP Cary Chapter will meet at 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, May 6, at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place, Cary. The Athens Drive High School jazz ensemble will perform. For details, call 919-467-1424.
Cary Newcomers Club
The Cary Newcomers Club will meet with Becky Colwell, general manager of Koka Booth Amphitheatre, at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, May 7, on the lower level of Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church, 200 High Meadow Drive, Cary. Anyone who lives in or near Cary is welcome. For details, go to www.carynewcomers.com.
Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League
The Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League meets for dinner and social time at 6 p.m. and a business meeting at 7 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.tarheelmcl.org.
Outlanders, a group of kids of all ages with special needs, meets every other month for activities including fishing, racing pinewood derby cars, horseback riding and camping. To join the group’s email list, email email@example.com.
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous provides support, encouragement and information to parents of teens. The group meets on the second and fourth Monday of the month. For details, call 919-704-6895 or go to www.meetup.com/Cary-PTA.
Western Wake Republican Club
The Western Wake Republican Club meets at 6 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at Mahoney’s Pub, 6490 Tryon Road, Cary. Dinner starts at 6 p.m., with the meeting at 7 p.m. For details, visit www.westernwakegop.org.
Screenline, a screenwriters’ group, meets at 7:30 p.m. the last Monday of the month at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary. For information, contact Mike Everette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Details:carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details:www.carylinatoastmasters.org
• Apex Toastmasters meet from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Details:www.apextoastmasters.org
or call 919-303-5852.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details:www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details:techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets at 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops. Details: 919-362-7327.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets from 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Crosspointe Church, 6911 Carpenter Fire Station Road, Cary. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or go to www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email email@example.com.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.triangleoa.org.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details:www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. Details:www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org
• The Cary Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays at McGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane. Visitors are welcome. Details:www.thecaryrotaryclub.org
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at McGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details:www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 orwww.carypagerotary.org
Women in Networking
The Cary chapter of Women in Networking meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Mimi’s Café, 115 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to win-nc.com.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A group meets to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. For details, call Dale Schleiter at 919-552-5380.
Carolina Veterans Support Group
The Carolina Veterans Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the last Wednesday of every month at Cary American Legion and Auxiliary Post 67, 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. The organization raises awareness and solutions for homeless veterans.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holly Springs Newcomers Club
The Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club meets 9:30-11:30 a.m. the first Thursday of the month from September to May at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St., Holly Springs. Details: www.hollyspringsnewcomers.com.
Holly Springs Civitan Club
The Holly Springs Civitan Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in the Holleman Room of Town Hall, 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. Use the entrance facing Avent Ferry Road. For more information, call 919-346-1675 or go to www.hollyspringscivitan.org.
Cary Photographic Artists
The club meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave.
N.C. Writers Network
The first Thursday of every month features an open-mic event at Royal Bean Coffee House and Gathering Space, 3801 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. If you plan to read a poem, short story or essay, email email@example.com.
Heart of Cary Association
The Heart of Cary Association meets at 8 a.m. the first Thursday of each month in downtown Cary. Details: www.heartofcary.org. No meetings in November-December.
Cary Garden Club
The Cary Garden Club meets at 10 a.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place. For details, call 919-380-9138.
Republican Women of Cary and Southwestern Wake
The club meets at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary on the first Thursday of each month. The social begins at 11:30 a.m., and lunch is at noon. Lunch costs $20. Register by calling Lisa at 919-303-8870. Details: www.rwcsw.org.
Senior gaming meets 2-4 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St., Holly Springs. Games include sequence, rummycube, pokeno, pinochle and bridge. Details: 919-557-9602.
Swift Creek Township Exchange
The Swift Creek Township Exchange club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at Barry’s Café, 2851 Jones Franklin Road, Cary.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888, or go to www.apexlions.org.
Holly Springs Civitan Club
The Holly Springs Civitan Club meets 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in the Holleman Room of Town Hall, 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. Use the entrance facing Avent Ferry Road. For more information, call 919-346-1675 or go to www.hollyspringscivitan.org.
The Needmore Ruritan Club meets 7 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at 1812 Bass Lake Road, Fuquay-Varina. The club offers fellowship, goodwill and community service to the residents of Fuquay-Varina and Holly Springs. A meal is prepared by club members every meeting. For details, contact club President Mike Jones at 919-552-2003.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details:www.caryvfw.org
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.org.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: email@example.com or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.