This week’s local club, organization and support group meetings in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville.
Western Wake Dems
Area Democratic candidates for the Wake County School Board and Board of Commissioners will speak at the next meeting of the Western Wake Dems at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, at Mellow Mushroom, 4300 NW Cary Parkway, Cary. Open to the public. Social hour is 6-7 p.m.; program begins at 7 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates to speak
Candidates for the Wake County School Board and Board of Commissioners are the guest speakers at the monthly meeting of the Democratic Women of Wake County. The luncheon begins at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, at N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. Cost: $20. Visitors welcome. To RSVP, email Pam Sturgeon at email@example.com or call 425-879-1636 by noon Monday, Sept. 19. dwwc.net
Columnist to speak
News & Observer columnist and author Rob Christensen will be the guest speaker at the next meeting of the Cary Woman’s Club. Christensen will discuss “What Are the 2016 Elections Telling Us So Far?” at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, at the Page-Walker Arts and History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop. Visitors welcome. To RSVP or for more information, call P. Keating at 919-274-9944. carywomansclub.com
N.C. Rep. Paul “Skip” Stam is the guest speaker at the October meeting of the Cary Page Rotary Club. Stam will discuss the legislative process at 7 a.m. Friday, Oct. 21, at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Visitors welcome. To RSVP, go to bit.ly/2c88G6f.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 135 S. Main St. 919-662-7119
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. 919-387-1040
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. carypagerotary.org
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Holly Springs seniors can play bingo from 1-3 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Bingo cards cost $1 and there will be cash prizes of up to $10.
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of the month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Asbury Station chapter of the DAR meets at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Glenaire Retirement Community, 4000 Glenaire Circle, Cary. ncdar.org
Cary Playwrights’ Forum
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum meets from 7-9 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the second floor conference room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. caryplaywrightsforum.org
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis Club meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St. apexkiwanis.org
NAMI support groups
The National Alliance on Mental Illness Wake County hosts free Family Support Groups for family members and friends of people with mental illnesses at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday every month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, Room 101, 600 Walnut St., Cary. The group is for ages 18 and older.
Lupus support group
A support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers meets from 6:30-8 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month in the Conference Room of Waters Edge Office Park, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, Suite 250, Raleigh.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. email@example.com
Bridge players meet from noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. New players welcome. 919-552-1430
VFW Post 7383
The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
Cary Cross Trailers
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. carycrosstrailers.org
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. 919-779-2101
The MOMS Club of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Angier, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Club Notes to email@example.com.