Apex Newcomers & Friends Club
The Apex Newcomers & Friends Club will meet at 9:30 a.m. the second Wednesday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Just for Kix, a line dancing competition group, will perform at the Wednesday, March 11, meeting. For details, go to www.apexnewcomers.org.
Cary Mayor’s Task Force on Disability
The Cary Mayor’s Task Force on Disability meets from noon to 1 p.m. every second Wednesday at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop. All are welcome.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists meet at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. Visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.caryphotographicartists.org.
Cary Woman’s Club
The Cary Woman’s Club will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, March 12, on the third floor of the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. All women in Cary, Apex, Morrisville and western Wake County are welcome. For details, call membership chair J. Suppa at 919-379-3816.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness Wake County offers a support group for family, friends and caregivers of people with mental illnesses from 7-8:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. Meetings are free and confidential. For details, go to www.nami-wake.org.
Colored Pencil Society
The Colored Pencil Society District Chapter 114 of Raleigh/Durham will meet from 1-3 p.m. Saturday, March 14, at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. All are welcome.
There will be a show and tell of members’ work, demonstration and art supply swap. For details, email the chapter’s president, Toby Sue Shaw, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.C. Purple Martin Society
The N.C. Purple Martin Society will meet at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 14, at 6428 Cross Ridge Drive, Holly Springs. The group will talk about control and management of European starlings and English house sparrows’ affect on purple martin colonies. New members are welcome. To RSVP, email email@example.com or go to www.ncpurplemartin.org.
Triangle Sons of Italy
The Triangle Sons of Italy’s ninth annual Movie Night screening of “Fatso” will be at 4 p.m. Sunday, March 15, at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex.
Admission costs $10 for club members, $12 for guests and $5 for ages 12 and younger. The cost includes popcorn, pizza, salad, dessert and coffee. To register, email Margaret Confalone at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.trianglesonsofitaly.org.
The Triangle Happy Fix Meetup Group meets from 6-7:30 p.m. Monday, March 16, at Café Carolina, 137 Weston Parkway, Cary. For details, go to www.meetup.com/triangle-happy-fix.
Rawls Community Club
Rawls Community Club will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, March 16, in the Rawls Community Club Building, 145 Rawls Club Road, Fuquay-Varina.
Celiac disease support group
A support group for people with celiac disease or gluten-related disorders, their family members and caregivers will meet from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, in the WakeMed Cary Hospital Conference Center, 1900 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. The group will meet the third Tuesday of each month. For information, call 919-350-2358.
▪ Knights of Columbus Council 12119’s fish fry will be from 5-8 p.m. Friday, March 20, at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. Meals cost $8 per individual, $3.50 for children 6 and younger or $25 per family. Take-out orders are available.
▪ The St. Mary Magdalene Knights of Columbus’ annual Lenten fish fry is 5:30-7:45 p.m. or as long as supplies last on Saturday, March 27, at 625 Magdala Place, Apex. Eat-in or take-out available. For details and meal prices, go to lentfishfry.weebly.com.
Lupus support group
A support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers will be from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, March 26, int he Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. For details, call 877-849-8271, extension 2, email email@example.com or go to www.lupusnc.org.
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 405 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. New members and visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.F-VdowntownRotaryclub.org.
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details: www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org.
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: www.carypagerotary.org.
XYZ Seniors Club
The XYZ Seniors Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place in Bond Park. For details, call Becky Furno at 919-467-8332.
Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists meet at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. Visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.caryphotographicartists.org.
Pilot Club of Cary
The Pilot Club of Cary meets at 7 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. The group promotes awareness and prevention of brain-related disorders. For details, go to carypilotclub.weebly.com.
Holly Springs Garden Club
The Holly Springs Garden Club meets from 7-9 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Activities include speakers, plant exchanges, field trips and community gardening projects. For details, visit www.hollyspringsgardenclubnc.com.
Apex Travel Club
The Apex Travel Club meets from 7-8 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month in the arts and crafts room at the Apex Community Center, 53 Hunter St. The club is for Apex and surrounding-area residents ages 50 and older.
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts Bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult musicians to practice with the band at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: www.apexkiwanis.org.
Red Hat Society
The Ladies over 50 Red Hat Chapter, “Glitzy Daytime Dollies,” meets the second Thursday of each month. For information, call Lynn at 919-362-3902 or visit www.redhatsociety.com.
Cary Woman’s Club
Cary Woman’s Club meets at 9:30 a.m. the second Thursday of the month at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., Cary. Women in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville are invited. For details, call membership chair Jane Suppa at 919-379-3816.
Between the Lines Book Club
The Between the Lines Book Club meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month except July at the West Regional Library in Cary. Details: 919-463-8500.
Swift Creek American Legion
The Swift Creek American Legion Post 530 meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at the Swift Creek Community Center, 6221 Yates Mill Pond Road, Raleigh. Socializing begins at 5:45 p.m., and dinner begins at 6:15 p.m. Dinner is $6. All active military personnel, veterans and their spouses are invited to the meetings.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
▪ The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
▪ The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.caryvfw.org.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St.
Round dance lessons are from 6-7 p.m., plus lessions are from 7-7:30 p.m., mainstream class is from 7-9:30 p.m. and club dance is from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: email@example.com.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: Call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: email@example.com.
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.