Enrich Life Over 50
A new chapter of Enrich Life Over 50 (ELO50) will launch with a meeting from 5:45-9:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 17, at St. Michael the Archangel Roman Catholic Church, 804 High House Road, Cary. Registration costs $50 and the registration fee is applied to the group’s annual membership charge. To register, go to www.elo50.com/register.
Western Wake Republican Club
The Western Wake Republican Club meets for dinner at 6 p.m. and the program with Jim Duncan and Frank Roche at 7 p.m. Monday, June 22, at Danny’s BBQ, 311 Ashville Ave., Cary.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Lupus support group
A support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, June 25, in the Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. Drop-ins are welcome. For information, call 877-849-8271, extension 1, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.lupusnc.org.
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 405 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. New members and visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.F-VdowntownRotaryclub.org.
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details: www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org.
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: www.carypagerotary.org.
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of the month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. For details, email email@example.com.
Cary Playwrights’ Forum
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum meets from 7-9 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the second floor conference room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. For information, go to www.caryplaywrightsforum.org.
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts Bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult musicians to practice with the band at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: www.apexkiwanis.org.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888, or go to www.apexlions.org.
Chronic pain support group
An arthritis, chronic pain, fibromyalgia and joint replacement support group meets from 1:30-3 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in classroom one at the Rex Wellness Center, 1515 Cary Parkway, Cary. For details, call 919-387-0080.
▪ Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets on the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. For information, call 919-960-6038.
▪ Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. For information, call 919-465-0356.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
▪ The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
▪ The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.caryvfw.org.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St.
Round dance lessons are from 6-7 p.m., plus lessions are from 7-7:30 p.m., mainstream class is from 7-9:30 p.m. and club dance is from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: email@example.com.
The Triangle Seagals, a group of former or presently serving women of all sea services, will meet at noon the third Saturday of the month (October, February, April, June and August) at Perkins restaurant, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-303-8205 or go to sites.google.com/site/triangleseagals.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: Call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send Club Notes to email@example.com.