The Cary screens “The Hunt” at 2 p.m. for $5 at 122 E. Chatham St.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Hearts & Hooves Golf Tournament
The Hearts & Hooves Golf Tournament by nonprofits CORRAL Riding Center and Advancing the Heart begins with check-in at 7:30 a.m. and a shotgun start at 9 a.m. at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary. Registration costs $125 per person or $500 for a group of four. bit.ly/1OjTgoH.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce, 121 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. growers-market.org.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
A free screening and discussion of “King Georges” is at 7 p.m. Thursday at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. Reservations are required and can be made online starting at 9 a.m. Monday. bit.ly/1UALWZ6.
‘Far and Near’
A reception for “Far and Near,” an exhibition featuring watercolor by Eng Pua and Barbara Rhode and pottery by Sherry Nicholson, will be on Final Friday from 6-9 p.m. at the Cary Gallery of Artists, 200 S. Academy St., suite 120. The gallery will also host guest artists Sarah Cawn and Patricia Buchanan.
Summer at the Springs
Holly Springs’ Summer at the Springs series of free concerts ends with North Tower from 6:30-9 p.m. at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring a lawn chair and picnic.
The free concert series will be at 7 p.m. the fourth Friday of each month, through Sept. 25, in the gardens of the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop. The series features Jamrock on Aug. 28. Food and lawn chairs are permitted. Alcoholic beverages and pets are not. Call 919-460-4963 for weather updates.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 8 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary. wwfm.ag.
▪ The Apex Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. apexfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. 919-567-4040, hollyspringsnc.us.
▪ The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot, 121 N. Main St. growers-market.org.
▪ The Waverly Place Farmers Market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Waverly Place at the intersection of Tryon and Kildaire Farm Roads, Cary. waverlyfm.com.
Triangle Walk for Children with Apraxia of Speech
The Triangle Walk for Children with Apraxia of Speech starts with registration and check-in at 8:15 a.m. and the walk at 9 a.m. at the American Tobacco Trail, 1305 White Oak Church Road, Apex.
Registration costs $20 for adults and $10 for children and teenagers younger than 18. All proceeds go to the Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North Carolina.
Artist Cayce Lee will talk about her sculpture and installation art in the exhibit “Resonantia” at 2 p.m. at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.