The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce, 121 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. growers-market.org.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Town hall meeting
Morrisville Town Council Member Michael Schlink hosts a town hall meeting from 7-8 p.m. at the Morrisville Chamber of Commerce, 260 Town Hall Drive, suite A.
Pickin’ in the Pines
The bluegrass and country music series is every Wednesday in September from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Grass Cats play tonight. Tickets are $5 for adults and free for children 12 and younger. boothamphitheatre.com.
Cary candidates forum
The Cary Chamber of Commerce will host a forum at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary, with Cary Town Council candidates for mayor, at-large and Districts B and D. Breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. with the program starting at 8 a.m. The cost is $10 for members and $15 for non-members. carychamber.com.
Live at Lunch
The free Live at Lunch concert series is from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Fidelity Bank Plaza at 100 W. Chatham St., Cary. Concerts will be every Thursday through Oct. 9. townofcary.org.
Follow Me to Fuquay-Varina
The Follow Me to Fuquay-Varina concert series features Emily Minor Band at 6:30 p.m. in Centennial Square at the intersection of Main Street and Academy Street. fuquay-varina.org.
‘Listen to Me Marlon’ and ‘Amy’
The Cary screens “Listen to Me Marlon” at 7 p.m. and “Amy” at 9 p.m. for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St.
Back to School Bingo
Cary’s Back to School Bingo night for ages 5-10 is 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Middle Creek Community Center, 123 Middle Creek Park Ave. Registration is required. 919-460-4965.
‘Amy’ and ‘Listen to Me Marlon’
The Cary shows “Amy” at 7 p.m. and “Listen to Me Marlon” at 9 p.m. for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. Paula Snyder will sing. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 8 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary. wwfm.ag.
▪ The Apex Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. apexfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. 919-567-4040, hollyspringsnc.us.
▪ The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot, 121 N. Main St. growers-market.org.
▪ The Waverly Place Farmers Market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Waverly Place at the intersection of Tryon and Kildaire Farm Roads, Cary. waverlyfm.com.
Dragon Boat Festival
The second annual Dragon Boat Festival with dragon boat competitions, Asian foods, cultural exhibits and performances is 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Admission is free. dragonboatnc.wix.com/festival.
Dog Day in the Park
Bring your dog to Jefferson L. Sugg Farm at Bass Lake from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 2401 Grigsby Ave., Holly Springs. All dogs must be on leashes. There will be local pet care businesses, dogs for adoption and rabies vaccination and microchip clinics. Awards for the cutest dog, ugliest dog, dog and owner lookalike and other contests will be given at 1 p.m. hollyspringsnc.us.
Kids Together Walk, Run and Roll for Inclusiveness
The annual Kids Together Walk, Run and Roll for Inclusiveness starts with games and raffles at 10 a.m. and the 1.4-mile walk, which is open to wheelchair users and parents with strollers, starts at 10:30 a.m. at Kids Together Playground, Marla Dorrel Park, 111 Thurston Drive, Cary. Admission is $15 per family or $5 per individual. bit.ly/1LRmnSn.
State Fair first place winner Diana Coidan will give a demonstration with pastels from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cary Gallery of Artists, 200 S. Academy St., suite 120.
Bobbie Asad will launch her new children’s book, “Pick Me,” at 11 a.m. at the Mad Hatter, 107 S. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. Out of the price of each book sold, $1.50 will be donated to the Harnett Animal Welfare Coalition.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
Movies in the Park
Fuquay-Varina screens “The Sandlot” at dusk at Falcon Park, 611 E. Academy St. Bring a blanket or chair.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.